- Encourage the creation of well-paying new jobs.
- Ensure retention and spur expansion of resident businesses.
- Promote development and occupancy of vacant, underutilized land and buildings.
- Support the county's commitment to revitalizing older industrial areas of Harford County.
Enterprise Zone Tax Incentives
Harford County encourages development in its two enterprise zones in Aberdeen/Havre de Grace and Edgewood/Joppa by providing tax credits to businesses that invest in the area. There are two types of tax credits available: real property tax credits and income tax credits.
- Real property tax credits are available for up to ten years on capital investments, with a credit of 80% on increases in assessed value of real property for the first five years. The credit then decreases by 10% annually for the remaining five years.
- There are two types of income tax credits. First is a one-time $1,000 tax credit per new job created. An additional tax credit is available for businesses that hire economically-disadvantaged employees, with the credit increasing to $6,000 total per eligible employee distributed over three years.
Aberdeen/Havre de Grace
East to include portions of Aberdeen Proving Ground South to Belcamp and Perryman West to HEAT Center
40 East Industrial Park Aberdeen Industrial Center Advantage Business Center Chesapeake Industrial Park Cranberry Run Business Park Enterprise Business Park Hardee's Industrial Park Harford Gateway Hickory Ridge Industrial Park North Gate Business Park Perryman Industrial Park Rock Glenn Business Park The HEAT Center Water's Edge Corporate Campus
EligibilityBusiness must be located within the zone and meet minimum requirements for job creation or for capital investment, including, but not limited to, specified design standards.
Minimum Capital Investment Construction/Rehabilitation of Real Property
Minimum Job Creation
* Working 35 hours per week or more, hourly pay must be 150% of minimum wage; half of work time must be within Enterprise Zone
Clayton Station Emmorton Business Park Fashion Park Joppa Commerce Center Lakeside Business Park Magnolia Business Park William Paca Business Park
Eligibility Business must be located within the zone and meet minimum requirements for job creation or for capital investment, including, but not limited to, specified design standards.
Minimum Capital Investment Construction/rehabilitation of Real Property: $100,000
Minimum Job Creation: 5 NEW (Working 35 hours per week or more, hourly pay must be 150% of minimum wage, half of work time must be within Enterprise Zone)